Wednesday, August 16, 2006

New Round of Crits Today

It's Wednesday and as always, a new round of stories have been posted - which means I have a new round of crits to do. But, I have to wait a few more minutes before I start - because I haven't had my morning cup of Joe... yet.

I smell its rich, flavorful aroma as it wafts through the air. I hear the constant pop of percolation, beating like an African drum. My mouth is starting to water and my eyelids are starting to open. The dreams of the night are beginning to fade - my dashing hero returns to his secret hiding place just beyond the horizon, to wait patiently for the next adventure.

The sound of keys tapping on the keyboard, reports running on huge printers, the sound of the air conditioning vibrating the fluorescent light bulb fixtures fill my ears. The sound of footsteps and occasional 'hello's' pass by.

The world is in constant motion, moving forward, spinning around. It never stops and it's never completely silent. It has a beat - like that of the heart - constantly pounding and pumping. I breathe in and I breathe out. I'm a part of it, but I'm also something more. I open my eyes to the new day - not sure what it holds, but filled with hope knowing that I'm blessed and highly favored. I offer a thanks to my God in heaven, Creator of all things. "Good morning to you."

Now, to the coffee pot I go.

Till next time,
~T.L. Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment