Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Catching Up

Can one really catch up with what has already been lost?

Does everyone write in the month of February and March? Perhaps its the faint scent of spring that's bringing on the new wave of stories. I'm excited to see them all, but overwhelmed at the same time.

Every week I find myself scrambling to catch up on crits that I owe to other writers in my critique group, but I can't. I have a lot of critters, but I don't just write a simple critique - It usually takes me about an hour to an hour and a half to do a good critique on a chapter. Some stories I enjoy reading, others are little more painstaking - but I think has great potential.... so I plug away.

However, critting while editing while working isn't really working out. I think I'll just have to let my list of those I owe grow, until I'm through with the manuscript I'm currently working on - then spend a month or so just doing crits to pay them back. As much as I try to go forward - I fall even farther behind.

So, to those critters who I owe - I haven't forgotten about you. You're listed on my 'Tit-for-tat' , and I will get to you eventually. But, I need to focus on getting this manuscript done - and then take a little break.

No comments:

Post a Comment