Monday, April 02, 2007

Temptation to Know the End - Harry Potter Series

I'm really anticipating the new release of the seventh book in the Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling. However, I'm also having a lot of reservations. I know that I'm going to be sad. I'll probably cry - that's just the "Sap" I am. But, that's not my biggest concern right now.

I'm wondering how I'm going to be able to read the whole story - all the while - fighting the temptation to turn to the last page to see if Harry lives or dies. That will probably be the hardest thing I'll have to do as I read through Deathly Hollows.

I just completed The Goblet of Fire, which took me a few weeks to read and will start The Order of the Phoenix tonight. Having read the complete series through twice already, I find no temptation to skip to the end. But - I'm biting my nails in anticipation for The Deathly Hallows, I'm not sure if I'll be strong enough to make it through the whole story without a peek. I don't even want to hear the 'buzz' or read any reviews until AFTER I've read it for myself. It's going to be hard.

I admire J.K. Rowling at this moment. What a wonderful feeling it is for me as a reader to have such anticipation for a story. As a writer - I know that has to make Rowling smile. This feeling determines if a writer is successful or not. That's what it's all about.

Let's hope I defeat the temptation to know the end.

Till next time,
~T.L. Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment