Monday, June 22, 2009

The Land of Anxiousville and Anxiety

Don't you just hate that place between deciding what you want and obtaining it? You know... the land of Anxiousville and Anxiety? It's horrible and I don't particularly like it. Who does? Despite how I feel about it, I find myself there quite often.

We're not supposed to be anxious for anything, but how does someone achieve that? No matter what my intentions are... I find myself dog peddling in a deep pool of it.

Where does it come from? Is it from a lack of trust or faith? I don't think so, because I truly believe I have ample supply of both, yet still walk in this state. Perhaps having trust and faith isn't enough? Being able to use them properly may be the key?

I have a lot of things I want while I journey through this small span of time I have on this earth. I've already obtained of lot of those things already. It isn't the obtaining that makes up this life - it's the journey it takes getting there. So, today I'm going to try and not allow anxiety and the overwhelming feeling of being anxious mar today's journey - because that's my life we're talking about.

Till next time,
~T.L. Gray