Wednesday, July 29, 2009

About to be Published.

It hasn't really sunk into my brain yet and still feels like any other business transaction I make on a daily basis, but it's not the same. My heart and head are not on the same page... yet.

I'm about to be published. Sure, it's not like I had pictured it in the beginning, but it is a part of the dream that I've had for a long time. But, it was always something that was just beyond grasp, just at the end of the fingertips, but not something that I could wrap my fingers around. Most of it having been my fault, because offers have come but I didn't take them.

Why now? What's different this time? I don't know. I just know that it is. I will soon be able to hold in my hands a printed, published copy of a story from my dreams. My name will be splashed across the front and my picture placed on the back. Within the covers, small printed letters will dance upon the pages as they tell a story that swirled within the ocean of my imagination. Life breathing into the characters as their personalities become known to those who dare to read.

Part of me wants to hold them close to my bosom and protect them from others, but then another part wants to share them with the world. Will they love them as I have? Will they see them as I do? I guess I'm about to find out.

Thank you, everyone, who has supported this dream. I wasn't alone in making it come true and I won't be alone when it soars through the universe or when the next dream decides to take flight.

As my title says up at the top... hang on... it's going to be a bumpy ride. Boy, what a great ride, though!

Till next time,
~T.L. Gray