Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy Bee... Buzzing By

Thought I'd pop by and give an update on what's been happening in my life lately.
First of all... I'm busy.  If you couldn't tell from the title... something wrong's with your brain. 
So, here goes:

I'm currently ghost-writing on a non-fiction Christian book called Joyful Mother by Mary Hudson for Destiny Image. It's a great book about a mother's trial and determination to remain joyful in the middle of extenuating and trying circumstances, in order to ensure she has spiritual children.  The premise of the book is taken from the scripture: Psalms 113:9 – “He makes the barren woman to be a homemaker and a joyful mother of [spiritual] children. Praise the Lord! (Hallelujah!)”(AMP)

I'm also working on a non-fiction autobiographical memoir of Mary Perry Hudson.  This is one exciting lady who's had some awesome experiences in her life.  Just to give a few tid-bits (don't want to give away too much... you'll have to buy the book to get more):
  • Of course many of you know she's the mother to pop star Katy Perry and soon-to-be Mother-in-law to British comedian Russell Brand.
  • Her brother is Oscar nominated director Frank Perry, who worked on films such as David and Lisa and Mommie Dearest.
  • Her father was the captain of Erol Flynn's yacht.
  • Her mother was a model for publications such as Vogue and Harper's Bizaar.
  • She danced with Jimi Hendrix and caught the interest of Pablo Piccaso.
  • She went to school with characters such as Abigale Folger and Patty Hearst.
All of that is just some of the exciting things you'll learn in the first couple chapters, not to mention discovering her Arise Women's Conferences she holds all over the world and the thirty-year ministry life with her husband Keith Hudson.  The more I write in this memoir, the more I admire this great woman of God.

I've recently become a contributing writer for Impact Times Magazine.  I'm soon to publish my first article with them, so look for me soon to show up on their bio page and keep an eye out for and upcoming article.

In September, I'll be at the Temple Founder's Day Celebration, signing and selling books.

In October, I'm scheduled to read at Mecca Fest. Those in Georgia, drop by and check it out.

I'm also currently working on The Arcainians, sequel to The Blood of Cain.  I've completed the first draft, and as time permits, I'll begin the editing process.

ALSO...

I'm the Senior Editor of the Deeper Life News Report - where I write 5-8 articles a week.  You can see a copy of it at their website.

I'm working on a Non-Fiction for Pastor Daniel Patrick called, "As For Me & My House".

I've been asked by a few other people to write or ghost-write for a few publications they have in mind. At the moment they have to take a number, but I look forward to it.

My book, The Blood of Cain and the first book of my young adult series, The Necromancers is currently, by request, being read by a movie producer.

Having just closed my business a month ago, I somewhat worried I wouldn't have enough work to keep me busy.  Guess I was wrong on that point.