Thursday, January 10, 2013

Triumph Over Tragedy: Anthology Release

Okay, it is finally released! Triumph Over Tragedy: Anthology

Please, please buy this book and help support Hurricane Sandy victims in the process. Spread the word and tell everybody you know to do the same. 
 

Book Description

January 7, 2013
In the days immediately following Hurricane Sandy, I found myself both awed and saddened by the devastation I saw on the news. In the past, I’ve donated money for various relief efforts, but the gesture always felt somewhat hollow to me. Disasters have ripped apart people’s lives and homes, and here I am, sitting on my couch in my nice, warm living room, donating a measly fifty bucks.

I wanted to do more, to give more, but my familial obligations precluded me from physically going to help while economic constraints prevented me from giving more.

That’s when inspiration struck.

I’m an indie author (at the moment) and have enjoyed some relative success. In recent years, I’ve attended a few conventions as an author and made some wonderful professional connections. I reached out to a number of authors I knew, inquiring if they would like to donate a short story to an anthology, the proceeds of which would all go to Sandy relief.

A bunch said yes, emailed their contacts, and…well, things sort of took off after that. Turns out, people like helping people.

This anthology is our collective way of helping. We hope you enjoy.

Authors included: Elizabeth Bear, Marion Zimmer Bradley, Mark Lawrence, Robert Silverberg, Michael Stackpole, Timothy Zahn, Philip Athans , Tobias S. Buckell, Bradley P. Beaulieu, Adrian Tchaikovsky, Michael J. Sullivan, R.T. Kaelin, Maxwell Alexander Drake, Tim Marquitz, Alex Bledsoe, Erik Scott de Bie, Ari Marmell, Jean Rabe, Rick Novy, Bryan Young, Gregory Wilson, Elisabeth Waters, Donald J. Bingle, C.S. Marks, SM Blooding, Jaym Gates, Stephen D. Sullivan, T.L. Gray, Marian Allen, Sarah Hans, Bryan Thomas Schmidt, C.J. Henderson, Steven Saus, Addie King, Doris Stever, Matt Bone, Rob Rogers, Janine Spendlove, Tracy Chowdhury, Vicki Johnson-Steger, and Alex Shvartsman
 

No comments:

Post a Comment