Friday, May 03, 2013

Writer Spotlight - Featuring Jeff Suwak

Every once in a while I come across a new talent that makes me stop and consider my self, my writing style, and my writing goals.  Many in the business of writing, unfortunately, see fellow writers as competition.  While that is a partial truth, most view competition as an opposing force or something to overcome.  I see it as a motivator, inspiration and a fulcrum lever to help me lift my dreams off the ground.

I'm in a valley at the moment.  Last year, I released three books and went on a whirlwind book tour and then in January fell into exhaustion and a much needed rest.  For the past four months, I've... drifted.  I've allowed myself to become distracted, but not deterred.  I've been busy ...learning new writing styles and dabbling in short stories, erotica and poetry.

During my down time, I've taken a breath and looked around me. I can now enjoy the beauty and wonder of the talented writers in my life.  I've come across many new writers these past four months... and not being "on" (being fully in marketing mode), I've been able to enjoy the fruit of their gifts, and it's amazing.  However, I've also been resting, but it's time to go back to work.

Over the next couple of months, as I immerse myself back into the foray of what is writing/publishing/marketing/etc, I will feature some of these new writers I've become blessed to know... and today, I start with writer Jeff Suwak.

By day, Jeff is a technical writer for the U.S. Geological Survey in Tacoma, WA, but by passion,  he is a very talented, very determined and very dedicated writer. One of his favorite literary influences is Cormac McCarthy.  As a former Army Ranger, Jeff is no stranger to discipline when it comes to his work, and it's very evident in every piece of his writing I've read.

Here are some current and upcoming publications of Mr. Suwak.  Please check them out and leave a comment when you can.  Upcoming writers need all the encouragement and support we can give them in this literary journey. I'm very proud to know Jeff Suwak, and to be able to call him my friend.

The Ridehttp://www.efictionmag.com/ehorror/ - a horror short story to be published in eFiction Magazine - eHorror in June 2013.

Night Terrorshttp://www.innersins.com/innersins_110.htm - a horror short story published in Inner Sins Magazine - issue #9 - May 2013.

The Big Showhttps://sites.google.com/site/thespeculativeedge/home - a science fiction short story published in the Speculative Edge Magazine issue #8 - April 2013

Till next time,
~T.L. Gray
www.tlgray.net

1 comment:

  1. Gonna have to interface with Jeff on scrib - the USGS is one of my faves.

    thanks for the blog

    Stuart

    ReplyDelete