Friday, May 24, 2013

Truth






Truth.

It’s such a simple term, but one of the hardest things to face.  We glaze over the word as if we had mastery over it, yet we don’t really even grasp it.  Many of us deceive ourselves into thinking we walk in its essence, often in a cloak of self-righteousness.

I’ve been learning a lot of lessons about truth this year.  Many of these are hard truths about me.  Sometimes I’m proud of what I discover, other times make me cringe and I drop my head in shame. But, I can’t make an informed decision unless I know and face the truth.

We walk around in this world and profess hopes and dreams as truths, and we judge our fellow humans with the same measure of truth we apply to ourselves.  But what is that measure?  Is it the real truth?  Do we really look at ourselves honestly and question our motives, our actions, and our words?

How often have we mistaken an others' intentions, actions or motives because we judged them with our own set of truths? 

We all judge and condemn each other that is the truth.  We fight amongst ourselves believing WE hold the real TRUTH and those in opposition are wrong.  All of us.   My heart breaks a little more every day when I witness how we treat each other in this world.  I’m not a bleeding heart, but my heart has been battered, bruised, abused, neglected, hated, judged, rejected, broken and discarded all my life, that is the truth.  Yet, I still cling to a hope. 

Truth.  There really is only one and we only have two choices seek it out or not.  Knowing the truth doesn’t answer all your problems, but it will at least give us a more accurate picture so we can at least take appropriate actions. 

Today, take a moment and ask yourself, What is the truth?

Till next time,
~T.L. Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment