Saturday, February 08, 2014

Carrollton the Beautiful

Those who know me, know I have recently developed a love for the Pacific Northwest, and I can't lie, it has stolen my heart.  It was the first place I ever felt at home, where I spent an entire eleven days with my eyes wide open and walked around in a state of awe, admiration, and wonder.  I've been to many places, and while I can see and find a beauty in any place I visit, there was just something different about Washington.

While my heart is in Washington, my reality is here in Georgia.  Had I the means and opportunity, I'd pack my things and head out first thing in the morning to go home, but I don't see that happening for a long time, or possibly ever.  I know how life interferes and makes plans for us no matter what we've planned for ourselves.  At least that's been the experience for me. I've watched too many dreams dissolve around me. I'm doing my best to take strides not to lose another one.

In the meantime, I'm not without appreciation of the beauty around me.  Because Carrollton also has piece of my heart and I really love this town.  I have many great friends here and the natural beauty and sweet charm of this place is like no other I've ever seen.  While Washington is my passionate lover, Carrollton is a my best friend.

Here is just a taste of that beauty I saw today on my hike.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.




No comments:

Post a Comment