Monday, October 27, 2014

Eyes That See




Eyes that see - I love to look into your eyes, yet fear it at the same time. 
Those dark orbs are full of truth, full of knowing, full of fire.
They see through me, past my mask,  and straight  into my fear,
Exposing my deepest hope, my greatest dreams, my darkest regrets.
They intrigue me.  They inspire me.  They see the truth of me.
But do you see it, or do your eyes only reflect the truth back to me?
You have eyes that see everything, even when you look at nothing.
I’ve tried so hard to hide - my mask is elaborate and hand-carved with great detail.
I’ve spent a lifetime adding thread  by thread, bead by bead, scar by scar,
Garnishing the perfect elaboration, building the perfect distraction.
But can you see me, or do your eyes only reflect me back to me?
I’ve looked into many sets of beautiful eyes,
And they have shown me the splendor of their hosts.
But in your eyes I don’t only see your beauty, but mine.
The first time I ever met their gaze it felt like the foundations of the earth shook,
My knees wanted to bend in worship to the god standing before me.
One glance and a fire ignited deep into my bones.
I’ve tried to run. I’ve tried to hide. I’ve tried to ignore and to deny.
But can you feel me too, or is the fire I feel my own passion reflecting back to me?

Eyes that see - will you look at me and tell me the truth?

Till next time,
~T.L. Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment