Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Superheroes

Everyone who knows me, knows about my love for Superheroes. They know that I'm a sucker for a selfless hero, who uses their powers to serve the good and fight against the evil of our time. I guess deep down we all love a good hero, because it's been ingrained in our DNA to love good and hate evil. Yet, many of us wake up some mornings to realize that we are the bad guys, not the heroes.

I don't think anyone sets out to be a bad guy, but through the compromises that we make throughout our lives, it leads us down a path, that leads to the wrong road. As we walk down these small winding paths, that look harmless, we get so wrapped up in the scenery around us that we don't think about where that path is leading.

There is a final destination down every path we take, and only those who can get their eyes off of themselves, and their immediate surrounding, will think about where the path leads. They will either make a conscience effort to change their direction and seek a new path, or just blindly continue on the one they're on (mainly because its so familiar to them).

The one characteristic that all superheroes have in common is their selflessness. I've met many real Supermen in my life, who give all of themselves to fight for truth, justice and everything else. I'm sure they've considered the path they're walking on, and I'm proud to be walking with them.

Till next time,

T.L. Gray