Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Another Weird Dream

Last night I dreamt that I was visiting my agent in California and while there I met Allison Mack, Michael Rosenbaum, Tom Welling and Erica Durance. Now, as most of you who know me, know these names, because they are my favorite actors from Smallville.

Dreaming about them wasn't what was weird, it was what they were doing. There were also some other 'stars' there as well like Tara Reid and the guy from House.

Anyway, back to the dream. We were on a location for a movie in a small Mexican town. When I arrived, I was met by Allison and Erica and we had a blast riding around in a Jeep Wrangler with the top down, cruising the beach. We acted like three giddy high-school girls.

We arrived on the lot and I was taken to my trailer - that I was to share with my agent. She wasn't there. Obviously she was off signing some big deal with one of her other clients. Anyway, I made myself at home and was invited out to eat with the cast and crew. I changed into my favorite pair of jeans and tee-shirt, pulled my hair into a pony tail and was ready to go. I met up with everyone outside of my trailer and they were all dressed semi-casual, some with coats and ties. I felt way underdressed, but no one seemed to notice except Michael, who leaned over and whispered in my ear, "I was going to go for grundge look to, but they wouldn't let me." I laughed. He made me feel comfortable.

We are seated at the restaurant and the Hispanic waiter makes his way around the table taking everyone's order. I couldn't find anything I liked on the menu and instead of looking for something, I kept watching the waiter struggle with everyone's English. When he got to me, I simply folded my menu and began speaking to him in Spanish. "Buenos dias, Senior. Mucho Gusto....." I ordered grilled chicken w/asparagus spears and steamed rice. Everyone was speechless and impressed with my Spanish. The waiter smiled a smile of relief and walked away.

Dinner was fun, but the evening was cut short and we all returned back to our trailers. Allison, Erica, Tara and Tom came to visit me and we played a game of poker. Michael stayed in the back bedroom, studying math for his biology class he was taking. What does math have to do with biology? I don't know, you'll have to speak to the dream fairies about that. I tried to invite him to the game, but he said he really needed to study. He looked sort of depressed.

Anyway, during our poker game Tara asked what our plans were for dinner the next night, because she had to leave and wanted to catch back up. No one knew the plan and she said she'd call later, wished everyone a good night and left. Michael had walked into the room when she left and stood by the door. Tom asked Michael what he thought about Tara and he said, "Man, she's hot." Everyone laughed. I looked over to Tom and said, "Call me later and tell me what he says about me after you both leave." Everyone laughed.

Then Allison mimicked Tara about her choice in foods to eat, saying that she's just about allergic to every kind of green vegetable and is a pain to take out. I made a comment about the importance of green vegetables, backed up by our biologist in training - Michael. I told them that I loved cooking and so I ended up volunteering to cook lots of green vegetables for dinner the next night. We never spoke about it, but I'm assuming Tara wouldn't be there.

The next day at the filming location, they were shooting a water stunt. I watched Tom jump off this huge pier into this river of cold water. He had to do it several times. By lunchtime, he was exhausted I didn't blame him. He made the comment, "Some people think I'm Superman, but I'm just a regular guy." Wow, I wonder where that came from??? LOL!

Back at the trailer I had found this frilly, dazzling and fluffy pink skirt and gave it Allison. She went nuts over it, saying that she's been looking for that particular skirt for years. Erica scrunched her nose and shook her head, sticking out her tongue behind her. I'm sure she meant that she would drop dead before she was ever caught wearing it.

I gave Tom a directing job, because apparently I was the Executive Producer/Writer of this movie that was based on one of my books. (Don't know which one, but I'll keep my eyes open for diving into rivers while in Mexico scenes.

I asked Michael why he wanted to be a biologist and he said he wanted to have something to fall back on if this acting thing didn't work out. He asked me why I wanted to be a writer and I told him, "Why do you breathe? It's just what I am and comes natural to me."

Anyway, that was my dream in a nutshell. It's not supposed to make sense and I don't know if there was a point to it. Perhaps some of my Fruedian friends could figure it out for me. I just thought it was interesting and wanted to share it with you while it was still fresh on my mind.

Till next time,
~T.L. Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment