Monday, November 11, 2013

Thank you, Veterans

Thank You, Veterans
 


 I’ve had the honor of knowing many veterans, from several different branches of the military, and from several different countries, not just the United States. I can’t express how much gratitude I have for their service.

 I know many veterans who don’t like it or feel uncomfortable when people thank and honor them for their service. To many of them their service is simply their duty and don’t understand what we honor. They’ve been taught to be heroes, but not to think of themselves as such. That is another aspect of them that I honor. 

While I honor the individual and the choice they made to put their lives on the line for me, my family, my country, or in the defense of others, when I say “thank you” to a veteran, it is part for their individual service, but it’s also in part for those I can no longer tell those words, to those who did not come home.

 “Thank you.”

 Till next time, ~T.L. Gray
http://www.bubblews.com/news/1550740-thank-you-veterans

No comments:

Post a Comment