Saturday, November 23, 2013

We've All Moved On


Today, the home I worked hard to build stands empty.  Not just physically, but emotionally and mentally too. 

The rooms I painted, the halls I decorated, the shrubs I planted, and the place I have called home for over two decades sits bare and abandoned.

Where is my home?  Where do I belong?

Everyone has moved on.  There's no going back.  A new family will soon fill those rooms, new memories will be made, a new life will be built, in both that house and in the hearts of my family.

Where is my home?  Where do I belong?  

I'm the one that left, and then they soon followed suit.  It was because of me that house stands empty, that family is now scattered, we've all moved on.

For what?  I just wanted to be loved, wanted, and desired. I still want.

Where is my home?  Where do I belong?

It was the only home I've ever had. I was lost and alone before, lost and alone while there, and I'm still lost and alone.

Where is my home?  Where do I belong?


I can't seem to find it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment