Wednesday, May 07, 2014

The Restless Never Stop

“The restless never stop …they just change boots.” ~ Jeep commercial


I have been bitten by the restless bug.  There’s a huge world out there I want, no I need to explore, and I can’t move fast enough to get it done. 

This isn’t a recent dream, but one I’ve had for as long as I remember.  Somehow along the way as I moved through my life, that dream got pushed down, buried, and forgotten and unfulfilled.  But, in the last couple of years I have been doing something out that and changing my status. 

I’ve exchanged a good leather loafer for hiking boots and running shoes.  I’ve exchanged flat sandals for wedged heels.  I’ve exchanged a comfortable low heel for a good dancing shoe.

Your shoes really do say a lot about you, where you’ve been, and where you’re going.  I used to hate buying new shoes, but I couldn’t understand why.  I think I understand now.  I wasn’t going anywhere.  I was in a prison of my own making.  I was safe in routine.

I’ve got several new shoes now.  While they’re very uncomfortable to break in by rubbing blisters, but where they take me makes it all worth it.  When I look at new pair of shoes now, that’s what I look for – the adventure that waits for me. When I ask, “What boots should I wear today?” what I’m really asking is, “What adventure waits for me?”  I don’t think about the discomfort.  I’m restless and filled with wanderlust, and I’ll never, never, never stop … I’ll just keep change my boots. 

Till next time,
~T.L. Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment