Monday, November 03, 2014

The Belligerent Stranger





Hello.

I’ve seen you around lately, but I can’t remember your name.

You do look familiar, but then again, I can’t place you. Have we met before?

What do you want?

Me? What do you mean?

Are you a friend or foe? Because I don’t need more of either.

Where do I begin. So many things have happened in my life lately, I really don’t need another distraction. I’ve got my hands full as it is. A distraction would … you know, distract me.

Oh, you think that’s exactly what I need? Why would you say that?

Forgotten who I am? No I haven’t.

Don’t know what I want? That’s not true either. I know exactly what I want, I just can’t have it.

No, it’s not in my power.

Yes, I put my heart on the line, and it got rejected.

You don’t know what you’re talking about. You don’t even know me.

How can you know me better than I know myself? You’re being obtuse.

I’m in denial? I’m dying? Who do you think I am?

No, I will not admit I feel that way. I’m not playing with fire. I’m not trying to sabotage anything.

For a stranger, you sure are a know-it-all. I don’t like your words or your attitude.

Change? Me …change? I don’t need to change. I like who I am.

Yes, really.

REALLY!

I don’t care if they like me or not. They’ll eventually leave me. They always do.

Spiral of what?

I don’t think I like you very much.

What do you mean you don’t like who I am?

You know what, I’m done with this conversation. Piss off.

**Walks away from the mirror.**

Till next time,



~The Belligerent Stranger

No comments:

Post a Comment