Thursday, February 05, 2015

Morning Musings and Affectionate Greetings



To those I care about most in this world, I often send a morning musing or an affectionate greeting. Sometimes it’s a blanket statement to all those I cherish, but sometimes they are individual and specific to that particular friend. Some days I don’t send any at all. I never just send them to send them, only when I’m inspired or moved with the full intent and feeling behind them. So, if you get such a greeting from me, it means I value you, been thinking about you, or feel I needed to reach out to you.

My musings are often deep and profound. While the sentiment may be shared by those who may have come before, and more likely to be shared by those who follow, they are always my original thoughts, feelings, or contemplations. I’m a deep thinker. I’m also very passionate and feel very deeply as well – about EVERYTHING. It drives some of my more reserved and practical friends quite crazy. But I am who I am, and I won’t apologize for feeling or thinking the way I do. Love me as I am, or don’t love me at all. I won’t change for you.

I love that place between the dream world and being awake, where my filter of bias hasn’t had a chance to interfere. My inner editor hasn’t even had time to sharpen her red pencil, so I’ve discovered it’s the place where I learn most of the truths about myself, my beliefs, my hopes, my feelings, and even my fears. I don’t always like the things I uncover, but many times I surprise myself, am very pleased, and can’t help but smile at the beautiful woman I’ve discovered there.

Tomorrow morning, just before you open your eyes, listen to your heart. What is your musing telling you?

Till next time,



~T.L. Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment