Monday, February 29, 2016

Swoozie's Cheerleader







Okay, if you guys don't know my boy Swoozie, from YouTube, you're missing it. Adande Thorne is infectious. He's one of the naturally funniest guys I've ever watched.  My good friend, Emilio Solano, introduced me to his videos a few years ago, and ever since I've been a loyal fan. I anticipate his videos and when I see a new one has been posted, I literally can't stop the smile that spreads across my face. I usually watch the video right there, right then, even in the middle of a date, No matter what I'm doing, except perhaps while having se... well, maybe even then too, I'll stop and watch a Swoozie video.



He's charming. He's funny. He's adorable.  He puts it all out there, all the embarrassing stuff, all the mistakes, all the funny day-to-day life tragedies and mishaps.  His raw honesty helps restore my faith that good men still exist. He's brilliant. He's talented. It doesn't hurt that he's also very, very handsome. It's also a plus that he's a gamer, but doesn't let the games consume his life. I have this fantasy of us playing a video game and the controllers get all mixed up... and... um... well... where was I?



But, seriously, one of the reasons I love this guy so much, is because I see what's not quite apparent. He's talented and a hard worker, and he's out there doing it, chasing his dreams, and making it come true. He's an inspiration because as a writer, author, and artist, I hear so many people talk about their dreams, talk about what they want to do in life, but I don't see them doing a damned thing to go out there and make it happen.  It's like this world expects everything to just drop in their laps like they're entitled, but dreams require sacrifice, they require dedication, they require sticking with it when it looks like the whole world doesn't give a damn - but you. I've watched Adande back when he only had a few video posts push forward.



Every time I saw him accomplish something else, I smiled.  When my boy went to the White House to interview President Obama, man... Oh, man... I was so damned proud.  His success has NOTHING to do with me, but I can't help feel like I'm one of his cheerleaders from the sideline, cheering him forward, and getting to witness his run right into greatness.  Watch this man!  I'm telling you, watch him... because he's one of the greats.  His spotlight is bright.  His presence is infectious.  His mind is clever.  His determination is steel.  He's going to make it. I can already see it, and I can't express how freakin' proud I am.



The very first video I watched by Swoozie was Video Game Girlfriend, and then a year or so later, Kiss the Gamer Girl.  He blew me away. I know he'll absolutely have you rolling on the floor.



So, guys and gals... if you haven't checked out my friends, Swoozie, what the heck are you waiting for?  Do it now. I promise... I promise... you won't regret it.  In fact, you'll be sending me messages thanking me. Show the love, people. Don't forget to let Swoozie know how much you love his videos once you do fall in love with them.



Till next time,



~Swoozie's Cheerleader

No comments:

Post a Comment