Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Back to the One...

Well, it's that time again. I'm getting ready to jump back into this series. I've had a little break, completing two books - Milledgeville Misfit and Voyage to Magic Island - and now it's time to get back to the series that has stolen my heart, The Necromancers.

Over the next couple of months I will be going over Orientation and The Year of the Unicorn, doing some light editing, as well as refreshing my mind concerning story threads and plot lines. I know the overall plot, that's already sealed in my heart, but the sub-plots (which move the story from point A to point B) need to be remembered and readdressed. Then after that final run-through of yet another round of edits, I'll start with book three, The Year of the Griffin.

I really, really love this series. It's my heart. It's my baby. I love each of these characters as my own children. I love their personalities and their quirks. I love their sense of adventure and their fears. I'm proud to be their mother. I feel grateful that I was chosen to be the vessel to this wonderful tale. It's truly a labor of love. I've poured so much of myself into it, and I love every agonizing, hilarious and tandem moment. This is the ONE. I know it, with everything within me - this is the story that will define me. I'm honored to get to be a part of it. I can't wait to share it with the world.

Till next time,
~T.L. Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment