Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Editing - Orientation 02/27/07

I have a lot of edits to do today, which I'm enjoying more than I think I should.

I know you've heard the saying, "When it rains, it pours." Well, that's certainly true for my writing list right now. I have such a storehouse of things to do, I don't know when I'll ever get them done. It's not something you can just clear your schedule to do. It's something that you have to tackle one thing at time, one piece at a time, bit by small bit until it's complete.

Here's just a small portion on my list:
  • Complete my re-write/editing of Orientation.
  • Complete my re-write/editing of The Year of the Unicorn.
  • Write The Year of the Griffin.
  • Write Lost Love
  • Complete my re-write/editing of Bitter Tea.
  • Write The Year of the Triton.
  • Complete my re-write/editing of Mystery Meatball.
  • Write The Year of the Phoenix
  • Complete my re-write/editing of The Heir of Ashford.
  • Write The Year of the Dragon.
  • Complete my re-write/editing of Mena.
  • Write The Year of the Masters.
  • Write Little Girl Lost

None of this includes any 'new stories' that may come up - and I dream them all the time. Nor, does it include the processes for when I become published for books already in submission (Milledgeville Misfit and Magic Island).

As you can see, I plan on being busy for a long, long while - and I think I'm going to enjoy every pain-staking minute of it. Writing is a labor of love. Don't let anybody tell you different. Some think it's easy to tell a story - but telling the story isn't really part of the process. There's so much more that goes into writing, and the biggest part is your heart.

I can't, and won't, complain. It seems to be raining in my life - because my list keeps getting bigger and longer everyday. That's a good thing. This is my vision as I've laid it out for you.

Habakkuk 2:2 - And the Lord answered me and said, Write the vision and engrave it so plainly upon tablets that everyone who passes may [be able to] read [it easily and quickly] as he hastens by.(AMP)

No comments:

Post a Comment