Friday, February 03, 2012

Pom-Pom Parade

It's not hard to promote, talk about, create a buzz or cheer for something you love and fully believe. In fact, it's hardly any work at all. The praise comes naturally due to your personal admiration. But, how would you feel if you had to promote and support something you didn't necessarily love or particularly believe? It's no walk in the part, let me tell you. There's nothing more depressing than a dull "Rah!" I had to do it for over a year, and I wouldn't ever choose to do it again. It's left a really bad taste in my mouth, and wrinkle in my cute little cheerleader outfit.

I could never do something if my whole heart wasn't fully invested, not any more. I don't believe in cheering - for cheering sake. If I did, I think I'm a pretty good cheerleader, and I'd be rolling in victory with an over-abundance of associates and acquaintances. However, I've turned a point in my life where I no longer have an ignorance of the game being played behind me, but an inward purpose and a load of self-respect, and a pom-pom full of true Spirit.

What I mean by that is this: If I support you, it's because I believe in you. I don't even have to like you to respect your work, what your doing or what you want to accomplish in this world. On the other hand, I might just like you as a person, but not quite support your work. I try to find something in each person that I can love and support, so that my cheers are genuine. I really have developed a high intolerance for false appreciation and false modesty, as well as developed a high appreciation for people being real, open and honest. Believe me, I KNOW when someone sends me false accolades.

I won't always share your opinions, your likes, your dislikes, your taste, or your vision; but what I can share is respect. As long as you are honest and speak the truth - whether I agree or disagree - you'll have my respect. With my respect, you'll have my support and praise. Maybe not always for all your opinions and issues, but I'll find some common ground and a way to inspire you. This might not lead to world peace, but it has created a peaceful world within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment