Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Writing Relationships

Yesterday was a great writing day.  With every intention, I planned to do some editing and re-writes for my previously released novel, The Blood of Cain, which is soon scheduled to be released as a second edition, followed closely by the second book in the Arcainian Series, but my mind and heart kept drifting back to a story I had started late last summer called Hunter & Chase.  It's like a summer fling I couldn't seem to get out of my mind.  The whole time I was writing, my adrenaline was flowing, my heart was palpitating a bit faster than normal, and I wore a constant smile on my face.  I was literally bouncing in my office chair, and I don't think the three cups of coffee had anything to do with it.  I'm just so 'in love' with this story.

I'm not saying I no longer love my other novels, because I deeply love them all.  I just think the chemistry, the flow, the pacing, the structure, and the excitement is just a little different with this one.  The others feel more like my children, whom I cherish, but to bring them into this world was a great labor of love.  This novel is like a flaming lover (though so far there isn't a love-scene anywhere in the manuscript - I don't write romance; I'm an adventure kind of gal) that has swooped in and swept me off my feet.  If I was reader, I'd be head-over-heels for this story. We met my happenstance, not deliberately.  We flirted over the summer, but previous obligations pulled me away.  Yet, I can't get it out my mind.  Every day I'm tugged a little bit more back toward my responsibilities, but my heart yearns for this adventurous escape.

So, what does a girl do?  Does she let her hair down and allow herself to get lost in what could be one of the greatest adventures of her life, or does she buckle down, deny herself and do what is expected?  If you know me, you already know the answer to that question.  When you see the beaming glow on my face over the next few months, you'll know what it's all about.  My question is:  What about you?  Are there any great flings in your future?  If not - perhaps you should re-evaluate some things.

Till next time,
~T.L. Gray

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you sista! I know that flingin' feelin' all to well (with my books anyway--haha).

    I hate having to put fiery thoughts on the back burner, but I must focus on my current project, which is right now in full-out EDIT mode. However, during those times when I must set it aside, to let it simmer, I jot down a few words for my newest, fling, (one I also started late last summer... coincidence???) entitled, Moments of Truth. Funny, those few little words now total over 48,650.

    Too m any thoughts... Too little time!
    Nj

    ReplyDelete