Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Talent Trepidation


Doesn’t it just chap your hide that some people have been endowed with such wonderful, amazing gifts and talents, and they make genius look easy?  Well, the fact they have them don’t bother me, but what they choose to do with what they’ve been given can move me from one end of the emotional scale to the other.  I’m blown away at the passion and dedication I see some express when it comes to their gifts, and I’m so disappointed at the lack of enthusiasm and care I see others display.  (Yes – I’m talking about you.  You know who you are.  You, who have been endowed with a great gift, you’re clever, talented, gifted, artistic, crafty, and yet you do NOTHING with it.) Sheesh!

What about you, reader?  Do you have a talent you’re sitting on, ignoring and neglecting, either out of fear, ignorance or arrogance?  If so, then STOP!  You owe it to yourself to pursue what you’ve been given.  You don’t have to start off big, but at least start.  Do something.  Take a step.  If you’ve laid it down, pick it back up.  Now is the time.

Go!

Till next time,
~T.L. Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment