Thursday, November 09, 2006

Magic Island - Editing Chapter Three

I'll be going over all the crits I received for chapter three today, while chapter four goes through queue. I'm hoping to get chapter six written by this weekend. Chapter five comes up in queue next week.

I'm really enjoying this pace. I write a chapter or two a week, really spend time polishing it up, submitting the new chapter in queue on Wednesday's (so that appears in queue the week after), collecting all the crits I received on the previous chapter and then re-editing that one. It's a good pace and the book gets really polished as I go. I like this process much better than the way I did it last time with The Year of the Unicorn by holding them all until the end and then spending a few weeks going over it.

Right now, with all the turmoil going on in my life in other areas, I'm finding solace in my writing. It's my moment of escape. Magic Island couldn't have been a better story for me to escape into. The adventure is light hearted and fun - and that's what I need more than anything right now. I wish I could be Frannie and lead an adventurous expedition in search of a hope that will turn an ugly world right side up again.

Till next time,
~T.L. Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment