Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Writing Update

Well, it looks like Orientation is back on the table. A few editors from New York are interested in the story and so my agent has submitted it. I really wanted to do another round of edits before I submitted it again, but we'll see what happens. Perhaps I'll get a great editor who'll help me with that re-write. My plan was to take a break and work on Magic Island and then revisit Orientation and The Year of the Unicorn with a fresh set of eyes and then submit them together. Then I planned to take another break from the Necromancer Series and work on either a new story (got an idea of a story about a cheerleader named Cristi) or edit Bitter Tea or Mystery Meatball, and get it polished and ready to submit.

I'm currently enjoying my re-write of Magic Island. The story is developing beautifully and I'm having a lot of fun writing it. It holds a special place in my heart, because it takes me back to my own adolescence. It's my Goonies. It's fun, adventurous and whimsical. It really, really makes me want to be a kid again and play out in the rain, if only for a few days. The story is now up to chapter four in my critique group, and so far I've received very good reviews. Possibly the best for any of my stories so far. Believe me, this critique group is harsh - so to please them is quite an accomplishment.

My agent now has Milledgeville Misfit and I look forward to hearing what she has to say about it and can't wait to see what happens when she starts shopping it to publishers.

Well, that's my update on what's going on the writing world. Now, I just need to take the time and update my websites: http://www.tlgray.net and http://www.thenecromancers.com . I've neglected them. Shame on me!

Till next time,
~T.L. Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment