Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Changing Seasons

The first day of autumn happened several days ago, but it seems my soul took a little longer to catch up.  I knew when I woke this morning I was entering a new season in my life.  Though the leaves are changing on the trees and the air grows cooler, I feel I’m starting to wake on the inside.  Do you know that feeling after you’ve spent the night crying and then falling into a deep sleep?  I’m done crying, I’ve been asleep, and now it’s time for me to wake and face the new day, the new season, and the next phase of my life.  I’m sure I’ll still grieve parts that are now gone, but the time for mourning is over.  I have to get out of this bed, wash away those dried, sticky tears beneath a hot shower, and slide into new clothes.  It’s time I went outside and stood beneath the sunlight. 
I don’t know what the day will hold, but it won’t be me reflecting on my pain any longer.  I’m sick of it.  I’m sure my friends are sick of it.  I’m sure you readers are sick of it, too.  I want to get back to living. I want to laugh.  I want to explore.  I want to love.  I want to experience.  I want to write about it all.
I’ve got a lot of plans, some of these I’ve put on hold for far too long, and it’s time I got back to business.  I can’t and won’t promise only happiness and good news, but I can promise that I’m making a vow to myself today, a covenant with my heart, that I’m no longer looking back.  It’s not about what I’ve had or haven’t had in the past, what I’ve lost, what I’ve walked away from, or what won’t happen, but now a focus on what I want, what I hope and what I dare to achieve. I have a huge imagination and a will of iron, and it’s time to get busy.
Today is the first day of a new season.  Enjoy the beauty.  Enjoy the harvest.  Enjoy the journey.  Most of all…I hope you enjoy the ride.
Till next time,
~T.L. Gray


No comments:

Post a Comment