Monday, January 27, 2014

Transforming Love in a Changing World


Life.  It's complicated and filled with many variances.  As a race, we humans are unique individuals, yet similar. But what really sets us apart?  Is it social status, physical appearance, location?  I believe those things enhance our differences, but I feel what truly sets us apart from one another, yet encompasses what we have most in common, is all those intangible things like love, faith and hope. 

Life is also ever moving, ever changing, ever mutating.  It's not something that can be definitively  labeled because something will come along and debunk everything we thought we knew before.  Knowledge steadily increases.  Widsom constantly deepens.  We can never know enough, never learn everything, never hold all the answers.  Yet, in our arrogance we sometimes fool ourselves into thinking we can and do.

I'm entering into a new phase of my life, one I never dreamed of just a year ago and never imagined even five years ago.  My twenty-five year old self wouldn't recognize the forty-two year old woman I am today.  In some respects she would be proud, in others she'd wonder where her dreams went.  I control from which angle I view the world around me and onto which I place my focus. 

I refuse to let this world beat me down and dictate how I should be, what I should feel, what I'm supposed to be doing, what to believe, how to live, whether I'm a success or a failure.  It breaks my heart to see those around me accept the boxes given to them and then quietly stuff themselves inside to whither away. I know what the inside of a box fills like, how it suffocates, blinds and bends.

This world was made for me and I was made for the world.  The only things closed to me are the things I allow to be closed.  The only possibilities that are impossible are those I believe are impossible.   Don't get me wrong.  I'm not talking about insane expectations.  The mountains I command to move in my life are not made of rock.  The water I walk upon is not made of hydrogen and oxygen.  The magic I believe doesn't require wands and spells or fervent prayers. 

I don't know all the answers.  My knowledge is limited.  My wisdom is flawed.  I can only testify to the experiences I've had and the lessons I've learned from them.  The yoke of humanity is heavy and the burdens are many, but I have observed, learned and realized that as love increases - it lightens the yoke and eases the burdens - love for myself and love for others.  Love is the lens that changes my view.

I truly thank those who have come into my life and showed me the examples of this transforming love.  I hope I can do the same for others. I love you, my friends.

Till next time,
~T.L. Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment