Monday, April 23, 2012

Opportunities


When actively working on chasing dreams, various opportunities will cross the chosen pathway.  Deciding which opportunities to follow and which to pass, can sometimes be confusing.  However, this responsibility to make the decision cannot be neglected.  Just as opportunities can lead to even greater prospects, they can also lead to destruction and disappointment.  More dangerously, they can lead to detours and end up with the chosen path being left altogether.


Over the past few months, I’ve come across some opportunities that, by all outward appearances, seemed prosperous, a blessing and filled with the potential for greater success – yet I hesitated and subsequently chose not to walk down them.  Following those decisions, my mind waged war against my heart, and the sinking feeling of missing my “ship” overwhelmed me at times.  However, now that I’m a few more steps down the path I chose, I sigh with relief that I chose wisely.  At this moment, I may not be exhibiting an abundance of worldly success, but I’m ten steps closer to the dream, and ten steps further than I was several months ago.  I’m still on my chosen path and moving forward.  


There are opportunities I’ve come across over the past few years that are still out there, still open and still available to step through.  Will I eventually step through them?  Perhaps - Perhaps not.  Sometimes a door presents itself, but the timing is not right to walk through it.  When the right time comes, it will either still be there, or there will be another in its place.  What I’m really trying to say this morning is - don’t be too quick to just walk through any door, but also don’t be too hesitant.  Trust your gut and rely on your instincts - not your feelings.  At the end of the day, it’s your face you’ll see in the mirror, and that’s the person who matters most in the end, because they’re the ones who has to live with the decisions you make and the opportunities you pass up or take.


Till next time,
~T.L. Gray
 

No comments:

Post a Comment