Thursday, August 15, 2013

Take a Chance

Photo by T.L. Gray



Over the past several months, I have made a LOT of changes in my life.  I’ve separated from my husband, moved into a new apartment, and am starting a new company.  These changes haven’t occurred become some disaster has swept in and disrupted my life.  It’s because I’ve changed, and when my heart and my mind has changed, the outer circumstances of my life naturally follow. 

For a while, I felt all alone in this metamorphosis.  Old friends, who were part of the old mindset and lifestyle faded into the murky, misty background, and new faces popped up here and there.  Yet, though I walked out of one life and into another, I’m surrounded by unfamiliarity.  Let me tell you, that’s a scary place.  I’ve been there before, on many occasions, but after following such a long period of not being alone, loneliness felt very empty.

Today, however, I smile, because I’m not alone.  Everything isn’t just black or white, wrong or right, good or bad.  Yeah, there are a lot of new and strange things surrounding me, but there’s also a lot of real love.  That love fuels me, energizes me, comforts me and helps me breathe.  I am unfamiliar with my surroundings, but there’s a peace that fills me and a confidence that burns within me, because I’m loved. 

I wouldn’t have found this love had I not took a chance and allowed it to come into my life, first from myself and then from my friends.  Nothing scares me more than love.  Nothing has hurt me more or evaded me more in my life.  I have always had a lot of love, and it’s what has fueled me for all these years, but I can’t express how much more powerful it is when it’s shared. 

Come on, take a chance.  Love yourself, let yourself be loved, and then love others.

Till next time,
~T.L. Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment