Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Review of "Pride & Prejudice"

Here I sit this morning with very heavy eyelids and slow fingers, yet I'm determined to make it through the day.

Last night through the cold wet drizzle we spent a night on the town. The first leg of our evening began with the long trip into the city - during rush hour. We had smooth sailing until we reached Interstate 285 and then we hit gridlock. It wasn't that bad until we got within a five mile radius of our first destination, The Macaroni Grill. However, after a few honks and some quick manuevering and through several lanes, we finally made it to our exit. It quickly reminded me of why I hate the city and would never live within its perimetered borders or work in its congested downtown.

Dinner was great. We started with and appetizer of Calmari, Bruchetta rolls, stuffed mushrooms and bread dipped in extra virgin olive oil and bitter herbs.

The conversation was even better. My daughter was happy to be with her boyfriend and I was quite content to be with my best friend. We talked of happy and funny things. We discussed the rediculousness of some television commercials and of course I talked about my book series, The Necromancers.

The main course was served - and I barely touched my entree, because I was stuffed from the appetizers and bread. My daughter barely nibbled any of her food, as usual, and her boyfriend seemed to really enjoy himself. He was all politeness.

We left the coziness of the restuarant, back into the rain and then back into traffic. This time only after a brief time in the gridlock, we exceled onto the GA400 toll road, paid our $.50 and then travelled with relative ease until we reached our exit. Within minutes we arrived at our destination, parked and proceeded into the theatre.

The play was good, but not great. I thought they lacked on background and settings. Having known the story intimately and created my own image of each of the characters, I was a little disappointed with their 'Elizabeth Bennet'. However, I absolutely adored their 'Mr. Darcy'.

The play ended on a high note, everyone in our party was happy and we braved the cold air that had swept through the area and the strong winds, as we forged our way back to the car.

The ride home was without incident and everyone made it safe and sound into their warm beds, one of which I hated to leave this morning. I was snug and cozy and deep into an adventerous dream when the dreaded and blasted alarmclock went off and interrupted it.

So, here I sit with my coffee cup filled, my bagel half-eaten and my fingers tapping away on the keyboard. It's the beginning of yet another day.

Till next time,
T.L. Gray