Friday, September 13, 2013

Don't Stop Me Now



There are so many people in this world who try to get in my way and stop me from being happy, seeking my goals, or fulfilling my dreams.  I don’t understand why and I don’t think they do it with purposeful intent.  However, it never fails.  Just when things seem to move forward, someone always steps in my path.  Well, I’m getting pretty good at shoving those things or people to the side that try to stop me, and I don’t have a single regret.
I want to achieve a lot of things in this life and I don’t apologize for wanting so much.  I think humility in this instance is stupid.  I have practically nothing right now, having to start my life over from the ground up, but I’m not materialistic.  However, when it comes to my dreams, I dream big and I want to accomplish GREAT things, and I’m not ashamed of that. 
It doesn’t work to tell me to be happy with my lot in life, because I’ll never settle for what life hands me.  I’ll only be happy with those things that I grab, seek and find.  I don’t want to be given anything other than the opportunity for me to achieve, obtain and overcome.  I like the race.  I like the fight.  I like the challenge.  THAT is where the living is done. 
So, take it from somebody who barely has anything, and who doesn’t even know where she’s going to be tomorrow.  I feel the beat.  The music is moving my feet, so you better get the hell out of my way because you’re not going to stop me now… I’m having a good time. You can either join in or step aside.
Till next time,
~T.L. Gray


2 comments:

  1. Awesome. I feel the same way.
    People try to stop me and I ignore them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been lonely for twenty years, waiting on the person I was with to love me back. I'm not waiting on anyone anymore. I'm still lonely, but it's because I choose to be right now, but I won't stay lonely forever.... because other people are not going to be able to stop me now.

    ReplyDelete