Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I'm Supergirl!



Sometimes I have dreams. I picture myself flying above the clouds, high in the sky. Conquering the world with my magic piano, never being scared, but then I realize.  I'm Supergirl, and I'm here to save the world, but I wanna know, who's gonna save me? I'm Supergirl, and I'm here to save the world, but I wanna know, why I feel so alone?

Seems like a dream, but there's one thing missing. Nobody's here with me
to share in all that I've been given. I need someone that's strong enough for me.  I'm Supergirl, and I'm here to save the world, but I wanna know, who's gonna save me? I'm Supergirl, and I'm here to save the world, but I wanna know, why I feel so alone?

I need someone. I won't stop till I find the one who will start belonging in my life.


Sometimes I have days where it seems I fly around putting out fires, preventing disasters, diffusing volatile situations, deflecting bullets, safely pulling jumpers off ledges in the dire pursuit and protection of my dream, to then slide my glasses back on and fill the rest of my day with the normal expectations of being a woman, a mother and a friend.  I often keep those great ‘saves’ to myself.  The empty pillow beside me doesn’t care about my achievements or can comfort my weary soul for the saves I failed to make.

My friend’s do a great job showering me with words of accolades, love and appreciation, but their words can’t compare with the security of a pair of strong arms, the admiration from a set of beautiful eyes, and the satisfaction of a genuine smile.   

What good is all the success and achievement in this world without having someone to share it? I’m not talking about just having a physical presence.  I’ve had that – and was still alone.  I’m talking about the sharing of two souls, a couple who truly understands each other, knows their strengths and weaknesses, forgives their failures and celebrates their saves. 

I am Supergirl and it’s time for me fly.  Up, up and away I ride.  This time I don’t dash to help a stranger… but to save myself.  

Till next time,
~T.L. Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment