Thursday, July 11, 2013

Typos

T.L. Gray © 2013
It never fails. No matter how careful I am, or how many times I read over what I’ve written, there will be a typo, an omission, or something misspelled. I’m careful, I read slowly and out loud to make sure I’m happy with pacing, content and structure.  I double-check spelling, grammar and punctuation, but as I read my posts once they go live, either I or one of my writer/editor friends will point out the mistake. 

I’m a perfectionist.  I want to put out the best, most excellent product I can possibly manage, so when I see these errors and typos I become so disappointed in myself.

Blogging is not new to me.  I’ve been blogging since 2005.  You’d think by now I’d have this thing perfected.  Well, as long as a single word must be manually entered, I’m susceptible to make a mistake.  Count on it.  Just know I try my best and my mistakes are just that, mistakes.

I’d love to be able to share with you a secret way that will guarantee you’ll never make another typo again.  But, I haven’t discovered that secret for myself.  If you have, please share it with the rest of us.

Are you smiling and shaking your head now?  If not, smile anyway, because I bet you read through this blog post a couple of times looking for the typo.


Till next time,

~T.L. Gray

1 comment: