Monday, July 08, 2013

Present Circumstances

View as I entered the state of Washington 06/30/2013



Life happens.  Roadblocks, detours and delays are all part of the chaos.  No matter how much I plan, dream and expect my life to go a certain way, stuff happens to change those plans.  However, I don’t have to let those circumstances rule and determine the direction of my life.  They may have changed my current course, but I’m in control, and it’s up to me to make sure I’m still headed in the right direction.

Presently in my life there are a lot of changes going on.  My children are grown and flying the nest.  My 20-year marriage is coming to an end. My circumstances have changed drastically from what they were last year.  But my ultimate destination and goals are the same.  I’m still just as determined and focused to achieve those goals as I was a year ago.  I went through a numb period, dealing with all the changes, but these have only been detours.  It’s up to me to stop, realize in which direction I stand, turn my face toward the desired destination I want, and then take the steps to get there. 

No one else determines those steps but me, and no one else can take them either.
No matter where you are or how you got there… take a look around at your present circumstances, determine where you want to go, turn toward that direction, and then start moving. I dare you. 

Till next time,
~T.L. Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment