Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Strange Love


I tend to separate my life into three different phases.  There was my childhood where no one ever hugged me or told me they loved me; showing healthy affection just wasn’t something done in my family.  Then there was suburban life filled with family and faith and was hugged and told I was loved almost on a daily basis.  Then there is the phase I’m entering now.  I call this phase the “Me” phase, because it’s the first time in my life I’m able to focus on me, where my wants and desires take center stage.  The biggest part of that focus is love – for me and others around me.
Over the last couple of years I have made a lot of new friends.  This motley crew mainly consists of people who share my greatest passion… writing.  I believe I’ve made these connections because these artistic creatures understand me better than any of those who’ve surrounded me before.  With them, I get to be me – not someone I’m expected to be, and I love them for that reason alone. 
I don’t have to know a whole lot about them to know I love them. They stir my heart, stimulate my mind, and love me just as I am.  Whether I learn anything else from or about them, in my ignorance I know I love them.
Till next time,
~T.L. Gray

3 comments: